Monday, June 4, 2007

Who is that person?

Something kind of humorous happened at work today. But before I tell you about it I need you to participate in an activity with me.
If you had to choose one of the things you admire about me, and put it into one word what would it be? You don’t have to tell me your answer. I’m not fishing for compliments here (though if you want to give one I’ll take it). Ok now think of my top 10 best qualities.
All right, so today the Campus Director (my boss) of the school I work at made a list of all of her employees and chose one thing that she greatly admired about each of us and put it into one word. She started with Laura the career service manager and said she admired her commitment, then for Becky, the other career counselor, she chose her sincerity. Now it was my turn, I guess I was kind of expecting all of the usual comments, but much to my surprise she pulled out the paper with my name on it and said "I admire Kaylene’s seriousness."
If this trait showed up on your "top 10" list I would be very interested to know.
It blows my mind that I can work at a place for 9 months and it feels like no one here really knows me at all.
I love that my boss thinks I am serious, my parents will be so proud!

1 comment:

core said...

a serious human? kayledene??? no. more like a serious yooooman.