Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Why I love 2007

Oh what a year this has been!!! It has been filled with joy and discovery. I could honestly say that this has been one of the most amazing and life changing years for me.
With that in mind, I have decided to do a series of posts entitled: WHY I LOVE 2007
The first installment of this series begins now...

The Year of the Dance
During the first couple of days of the year Whitney and I decided that 2007 should be themed the year of the dance. With that as our theme we jumped into the year ready to dance. We didn't know exactly what it would mean to have a year of the dance, but we knew that dancing would become an inseparable part of us and that the way we viewed dancing would change forever.
Looking back on the year I am very pleased with the results. We danced often and passionately. As we danced we learned that dancing was an expression of our souls, because we weren't just dancing with our bodies we were dancing with our hearts. Dancing became a short-cut to happiness and with time we realized that we weren't dancing because we wanted to but we were dancing because we had to.
TOP 5 DANCING MEMORIES OF THE YEAR
1. When Courtney and I went and saw Girltalk perform in Salt Lake
2. Being an active member of The Loft Dancers (the L.D.s)
3. The time that Whitney and I organically started grunting while dancing
4. My first hip hop concert
5. 80's nights at area 51

So many good memories, so many amazing experiences!!! I hope that I will always dance the way I have this year.

4 comments:

Mark Johnson said...

"organic grunting"? Sounds cool...

Whittron said...

good entry.

Whittron said...

Kaylene, I started running as soon as the clock struck twelve. And ran in year of the run.

Anonymous said...

i love shout outs