Wednesday, July 23, 2008

it is finally finished

3 summers ago my roommates and I started watching the Alias series. During that time, we were practically obsessed. In fact I am pretty sure that some of the girls may have even made Jack Bristow t-shirts.

At one point I remember frantically calling all of the video stores in Provo looking for a specific disk. I even think that we may have driven all the way out to Springville or Spanish Fork to get that disk. Later the general manager for the nearest Hollywood Video moved into our ward. When he first met me and Lily he knew we seemed familiar, moments later he said "you are the Alias girls."

Our obsession ended midway through the 4th season, as the series seemed to be going down hill fast. We decided it just wasn't worth the dedication anymore, and we gave up.
Ever since then, a part of me has always wondered how it all ended. I wanted to know what happened to Sydney Bristow, and to agent Vaughn. Over the years I have asked around to find out what happened, but I was never able to get a clear answer.

A little a while ago I noticed that Justin owned the 5th season. After noticing I asked him to tell me what happened. He suggested that I just watch the 5th season and find out for myself.
So I did. I watched the 5th season of Alias in 5 days. It feels so good to finally know. I have all of the answers I ever needed. I feel a sense of peace and closure. I had no idea it would be this fulfilling.

4 comments:

k N d said...

hahahahahahahaha. oh man...the first time i put on my "i heart jack bristow" shirt, dave asked me "who the heck is that?" i was dumbfounded. i'm so glad you could finish them kay. :)

k N d said...

p.s. 5 days, huh...that's impressive!

Mark Johnson said...

You say I never comment, but I finally found one worth commenting on. You name dropped Justin and have yet to mention me in a blog. You are a hobag. Glad you enjoyed your show.

steve said...

I need to finish Alias as well. I am way behind. But that Sydney....boy oh boy. Yeah, I'll watch these with you whenever...