Monday, February 26, 2007

If you had to pick a dramatic way to die what would it be?

This is one of the questions found in the "If" book (a book of questions designed to arouse thought and conversation) that we read on our road trip last weekend. The answer for me is clear. I would fall into the Grand Canyon. I fell so deeply in love with that place the moment I saw it. Now, I can honestly say that I know what love at first sight is. While we were standing on the edge of the Grand Canyon the wind was so strong and I was positive it was going to sweep me away, where I would be swallowed by the beauty of the canyon. And I would have been ok with that.



It strikes me a little odd that I never knew how the Grand Canyon was formed, what seems even stranger, is that I had never even thought to wonder how it was created, until I was standing face to face with it. I'm glad to know now that it was caused by the Colorado River. That is so amazing that a river could cause so much erosion and thus create such a magnificent canyon. I kind of like Josh's version better. About a man who loved a woman so deeply, and then she fell down a crack in the earth so he started digging to get her out. "And he didn't have time to sleep. And he didn't have time to eat. And he didn't have time to grow old. And he didn't have time to die." He still hasn't found her, he may never find her, but he will keep digging because of love.

1 comment:

angie said...

what a fun trip - and those boys look like they are going into the canyon - how scary! anyhow, cute blog! (emily told me about the picture - i'm her sister)