Wednesday, April 4, 2007

strange day at work

My work day today seemed really normal, busy but normal. As the day was winding down I had one last appointment. At first the meeting was going along just like normal. We talked about all of the things you would talk about in a career counseling appointment. And then I asked why she had moved around so much growing up, just to show that I was interested. Her response was, "oh, my dad is in the circus." So nonchalant, so casual, she said it just like it was normal to have a dad in the circus. I never realized that real people were actually in the circus, and that they had children, that seemed fairly normal. I feel so lucky to have actually met someone related to a circus act.

I hesitated to add this part, because the girl was a little embarrassed about this and claimed to have never told another human soul but I'll add it because it is so awesome. Her dad actually got fired from the Barnum and Baily Circus because he locked the smallest man in the world in his trunk, because the little man was drunk, and was kicking him, so he just picked him up and stuck him in the trunk.

2 comments:

Travis Butterfield said...

can I just tell you how jealous I am right now?

Choplettes said...

(Lily) I am tired of this story. Post a new one.