Wednesday, April 4, 2007

twinkling souls??

Today my heart broke into a million pieces. It is a long story, which you have probably already heard, so I will spare you from the details again. I sent a text to Lily asking if I would ever feel whole again and she responded, “Only if you allow your insides to twinkle until your heart heals and you can love again. It could take a while. Maybe we need to do something healing that is electronic and adventurous.”
Was I confused when I got this… Yes. Later, via telephone, Lily explained that everyone’s soul has certain things that make it twinkle and when facing heartache it is best to fill your soul with those things, and it will eventually lead to healing.
I agree.
So I have decided to start listing the things that make my soul “twinkle” or vibrate (as that one kid in fast and testimony meeting said). I am just going to do 10 for today.
1. night time tandem bicycle rides
2. dancing, dancing and dancing
3. fish tacos from Rubio's
4. the stars
5. The Green River and Southern Utah
6. magic and witches and magical witches
7. poetry for 2 voices
8. quiet time with roommates and friends
9. reading (mostly books written for kids that are filled with beautiful language)
10. finding out someone is your soul mate
Strangely enough stopping at 10 was quite difficult for me.

4 comments:

Whittron said...

I have experienced all ten of these things with you. Now, that makes me twinkle.

Travis Butterfield said...

what?? you didn't even list the choplettes? what WERE you thinking?

Travis Butterfield said...

p.s.

for what it's worth, I think you're amazing.

Choplettes said...

(Lily) um, for what it's worth... I think it's obvious that the choplettes are an integral part of that list.