Thursday, October 23, 2008

it can be so hard when the other half of your soul lives in a different state

Sometimes I think that there is no one else in this world that understand me quite like Lily Von.
my proof ( a text messaging conversation we had today):

me: I am writing a paper about you right now.
Lily: about me?!
me: yes mam, it is for my multicultural class.
Lily: what was the the assignment exactly?
me: well, there were three multicultural experiences we could choose from, one was to spend the weekend with a family of a different ethnicity and I didn't have time to do one, so i just wrote about the weekend I spent with your family a while back.
Lily: can i have a copy? or is it racist? if it is racist I don't want it
me: it is totally racist. i am afraid to give you a copy.
Lily: fine. i still kinda want a copy though. i thought i wouldn't want one if it was racist, but i do.
me: ok, i'll see what i can do.
Lily: maybe just delete all of the racist parts before you send it.
me: I'll try really hard to take out all of the times i call you oriental.
Lily: and chink...
me: EXACTLY! I almost said that in my last text, but was afraid I would offend you.
Lily: i can't wait to read it. i love when people consider me a multicultural experience.
me: you were the best I could think of.
Lily: i'm honored
me: and privileged.
Lily: i owe you
me: you are kinda famous now
Lily: i need to hire a bodyguard and stylist
me: you have actually needed to do that for a while

When pepole ask us how we met. we often reply: "magic." And i can't think of a statement that could be more true. Our souls were meant to find each other.

2 comments:

Mark said...

I love you girls...

Brittany said...

magic is the only way to describe the roman g! would you two just get in my bosom already!!! ( i will try schroeder to move over!)