Monday, February 23, 2009

so, i'm no mary wollenzien

Tonight we had a film competition for a tri-ward FHE which we have known about it for a couple of weeks. I wasn't really planning on doing anything, until last Thursday night when I got a crazy idea. So, I pulled out my new flip video camera (a Christmas present from my parents)and some items from my costume collection. This is what resulted:


Background: Owen is a good friend that I love to tease. He is a funny (and slightly shy) guy and it is fun to pretend that I am deeply in love with him.

The Public's Response: I was super nervous about showing the video. I was mostly afraid that no one would laugh. Fortunately I was wrong. People loved it! They laughed so hard and clapped even harder. In the end I won the big "People's Choice Award," and got a standing ovation.

My Confession: I made it a New Year's resolution to kiss Owen. When I went up to accept the PCA, I waved Owen up to the stand with me, made a brief statement then said, "I guess there nothing left to say except..." Then I grabbed his face and kissed him. It wasn't exactly romantic, but it was dramatic and I fulfilled my goal.



When I think about the night I just keep wondering if I will ever change, and if my crazy antics will ever end.

10 comments:

maryjane said...

Kaylene, you are more than a Mary Wollenzien could ever be. I LOVE YOU!!!
and I love that you kissed him. Ow Ow!

Aimee said...

Oh my, how I loved reading and watching this post. Tooooooooo funny. It was so much better all finished. And the fact that you kissed him was so funny.

I am glad the response was overwhelmingly wonderful.

imri said...

man, now i wish i would have been there!

Mark said...

This turned out so much better than I ever thought possible!

Unknown said...

This is why I love you!! You are my hero!!

Amanda Jane said...

I love you Kaylene! Oh and FYI if you do ever change I doubt you'll stay friends with any of your current ones.

Whittron said...

you are an inspiration to us all!

k d L said...

hahaha. i loved that. and i loved the kissing story!

The Danimal said...

I have watched the eternal flame video several times and I LOVE IT.

chip and bex said...

wow! I have nothing else to say.