Sunday, February 17, 2008

friends (new and old)

For as long as I can remember the stars have been some of my dearest friends. I could probably go on for days and days ranting and raving about the things I learn from the stars, and how they make me feel. I am not going to do that to you though. Well, at least for tonight I'm not.



I think that one of the hardest things about this whole Seattle move, has been the loss of these dear friends. Because Seattle is almost always cloudy it is nearly impossible to see the stars. I miss them a ton. There are nights I would give almost anything to be in Southern Utah, amidst the red rock and brightly clear night sky.



I imagine I will always miss the stars and what I am going to say next does not in anyway decrease the love I feel for them. I just hope they will not take it personally.



Here is my confession: I am falling madly in love with the clouds. I know it doesn't make any sense that the one things which prevents me from spending time with my dear friends is now becoming my new obsession.



From the day I moved here I have had my breath taken away on a regular basis by the beauty of the clouds. However, I have not allowed myself to admit it. The other night as I was heading south on I-5, I couldn't take it anymore. I had to give into them, I no longer had the strength to resist their power.



The clouds here are perfect.






My relationship with the clouds is new, fresh and exciting. I look forward to all of the things I will learn from them, and all of the experiences that await us.
But, like I said earier, I sure do miss those stars, and probably always will. They are my constants, I will always love them, and I know they will always be a part of my life, even if we can't be together at this time.

3 comments:

Kurt said...

Your out look is amazing. I wish i could stop missing the stars and start enjoying the clouds, however mine has nothing to do with the actual sky. Your wonderful my dear, wonderful.

Aimee said...

I love the clouds up here too. They are so complicated yet simple at times.

Beautiful post!

Whittron said...

pretty pictures!!!