Tuesday, March 25, 2008

speaking of dreams

While I was in California I was able to visit an old friend of mine who is currently working at Pixar. He invited us to the Pixar campus for a visit, and gave us a tour around the place. It was really really awesome. It was neat to think of all of the magic that takes place in that building. It was even neater to realize that my friend gets to take part in that.
He is truly living his dream. It was strange being there. I found myself oddly jealous of him and the life he has chosen. I don't think it is because he is an animator (that hasn't been a dream of mine since I was 14), but I think it is because he is doing something extremely amazing, and he is honestly happy and satisfied with what he is doing.
Truthfully I am really happy and satisfied with the life I have chosen. However, I am a dreamer, I always have been. I dream of doing so much more with my life, helping so many more people, and making the very most of the gifts I have.
Sometimes i wonder if there is something more, something I haven't yet discovered, and sometimes I find my soul searching for that extra something that would make me wake up every day and pinch myself, because I would be living my dream.

No comments: