Monday, April 14, 2008

reflections

Seeing as how it has been almost a month since Kim's wedding, I thought I would finally post some thoughts and pictures from that wonderful day.
So many things about this picture seem so unreal. In all honesty the picture leaves me questioning many things:
1st- Are we really that old?
2nd- Is this really Kim's wedding?
3rd- Is that Damon Schmidt I have my arm around?
4th- Could that actually be David Bassett?!?
5th- Did this really happen??


I secretly wanted to post a picture from 8 years ago, when Kim and I were living in the dorms together, so we could all do a compare and contrast to see how much we have grown up. However, I thought I would save Kim and I the embarrassment.
Oh, the Chopllette's. (That is all I have to say about this one)

The day was a truly lovely day. It felt good to be surrounded by so many very important people from my past. It felt good to see Kim so happy. She is a lovely person. Since the wedding I have tried a couple times to really get my thoughts and feelings out on paper, but it has been harder than I expected. I think the whole event just made me so grateful for my friendship with Kim. I think back to the young and naive 18 year-old I was when we met. I am hardly the same person I was back then, I have learned so much and changed even more. The crazy part is, I feel as though I owe a lot of those changes and lessons to my friendship with Kim. I am a better and stronger person because of her. Many of our stories and memories are a bit crazy and humiliating (the kinds of things you hope no one ever hears about) but I wouldn't change any of it for the world. I love that girl. I feel so much joy knowing she is happy, and wish her the best, because she truly deserves it.

3 comments:

Brittany said...

this was wonderful to read. a good sum up of feelings, i think...

Thomas Family said...

Oh my word Kaylene,
is this Kim the roommate you had when I lived across the street from you in Provo.
She was such a doll, how cool to see your strong friendship with her has been so long.
You both were such sweethearts to me.
Tell her hi for me

k N d said...

thanks kay. sorry it took me so long to read that. love you too!