Saturday, April 18, 2009

poor joke delivery


Today, I was out with four friends. At one point we had to get in an elevator. When the elevator came it was packed with about 37 or more men. It felt a little strange and awkward to be 5 girls in the midst of all those guys. We went up a couple floors then stopped to pick up 2 more male passengers. As the new travelers joined us, their was a myriad of awkward jokes being thrown around. Suddenly I felt the pressure, and I felt like I too needed to make a joke. My thoughts went something like "quick, say something about hoping the elevator doesn't get stuck with all of us in it." What I actually said was, "I sure hope I don't get stuck in here with YOU GUYS."
That was a bit of a mistake. People got a little pissed, gave me bad looks and I basically got booed out of the elevator.

2 comments:

Whittron said...

I honestly don't understand why people don't comment on this junk. This is funny stuff. I wish I could have been there... it was probably a lot like the "yaaaheaddedin" incident.

Kaylene said...

yes, whitney. it was exactly like that. maybe even worse.