Monday, April 13, 2009

"when did we grow up, and start having adult problems"

After a long and exhausting weekend, all I wanted for my Easter Sunday afternoon was a nice long nap. After we got home from church I took the first opportunity that came to sneak away and get my nap in. About 5 minutes after I had settled into one of the beds at my parents' house the door opened and my four-year old niece entered the room. She came over to the bed and begged me to play with her, our dialogue went like this:
Me: Lori, I'm so tired right now! I need to take a little nap.
Lori: Oh no, are you sick.
this is when her fantastic imagination kicked in, and she headed out of the room to gather some pens, a hot pad, and other needed tools.
upon returning
Lori: I will be the doctor and I will take care of you. Where does it hurt?
Me: Ummmm... it hurts in my heart.
Lori: Ok, she has a broken heart.
she takes some time to think
Lori: Hmm, I think we can fix this with glitter.

I really hope she is right about that.

4 comments:

Whittron said...

that makes my soul twinkle.

Aimee said...

I think you are going to have some explaining to do. I hope the glitter helps.

Wish it was that simple sometimes.

k d L said...

Oh my cuteness. i hope you're alright...and i hope the glitter helped. if not, i can think of a few other things that might. :)

Sugufam said...

go on...where did she put the glitter?